With the Paleo diet breakfast seems to be the hardest meal to master, because we are so used to eating processed carbohydrates (Bread and Cereal is pretty much sugar) for breakfast, that protein and vegetables feels wrong.
This is definately not the case, the last thing we need is an insulin spike followed by a crash in your energy levels first thing in the morning.
So lets get the breakfast right. I have also writen these out as relatively balanced meals, Just meat for breakfast or just fruit isn’t what the paleo is about. It should be healthy:
1) Bacon eggs and chopped tomatoes
2) Avocado, tomatoes olive oil and basil
3) Smoked Salmon and scrambled eggs, with Chopped cherry tomatoes
4) Smoked salmon and Avocado
5) Banana and Bacon – banana wrapped in bacon
6) Bacon and spinach omelet
7) Smoked salmon and cherry tomatoes omelet
8) Scrambled eggs mushrooms and leaks
9) Scrambled eggs with Basil on a bed of water cress and cherry tomatoes.
10) Bacon, leaks and mushrooms fried in coconut oil
11) Paleo Sausages and grilled peppers
12) Boiled egg & roasted vegetable soldiers
13) Boiled egg with peepers and sweet potato soldiers
14) Grilled bacon and tomatoes in a spinach wrap
15) Hot butternut squash – Nuts, Coconut milk, vanilla cinnamon and butter
Non cooked paleo breakfast:
16) Smoked salmon and avocado salad
17) Melon & Palma ham drizzled in olive oil.
18) Avocado & Palma ham drizzled in olive oil.
19)Prepared hard boiled eggs with sweet potatoes
20) Paleo cereal with your nuts, berries in a bowl with almond milk
21) Paleo Granola – Nuts with coconut milk
No Time paleo breakfast (prepare the following):
22) Coconut yogurt – with nuts or fruit.
23) Nut balls -blend nuts & spices and melted coconut oil and store in the fridge. With fresh fruit.
24) Scotch eggs- hard boiled eggs coated Sausage mixture, Then cover in almond meal and bake. With a side of chopped tomatos or fruit.
Any other ideas? Please post them below: