I cooked this last night it is delicious and really simple to cook.
Tagine (or tajine) in Moroccan cuisine are slow-cooked stews braised at low temperatures, resulting in tender meat with aromatic vegetables and sauce.
This dish had a great combination of flavors and is a nice twist on traditional beef stew.
2 pounds beef roast (I used top round.), cut into one-inch cubes
2 tsp paprika (I used 1 tsp smoked and 1 tsp regular.)
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
4-6 large clove garlic, minced
2 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
2 pounds peeled, cubed butternut squash (Mine was precut from Costco.)
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- Place cubed meat in a large bowl.
- Combine spices in a small bowl.
- Pour spices over beef and stir to thoroughly coat meat with spices.
- Combine onion, garlic, and beef in crock pot.
- Pour tomatoes over mixture.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until beef is tender.
- Stir in squash and increase heat to high. Cook for about 90 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Taste mixture and add more salt and crushed red pepper, as needed.
- Stir in cilatro and serve in shallow plates or bowls.
I found this on Paleo Table, check the website out they have some great recipes.