The Paleo Diet is in simple terms the diet a cavemen would eat. So it takes out all modern processed food.
Why go Paleo and is it healthy?
We are designed to eat this way, the modern diet includes to much processed food, which is too rich in highly refined carbohydrates and too low in quality food.
The balance of food on the paleo diet is very simple, and means your body will now get energy from fats and unrefined carbohydrates (in vegetables and fruit).
What results should I expect on the Paleo Diet?
The increase in protein, fats and nutrients will mean your body will have the building blocks it needs to grow and develop to suit your crossfit goals.
By coming off a high sugar diet and removing all the inflammatory foods, your energy levels will be much more balanced. You will be less bloated straight away and strip your body fat.
How to Eat on the Paleo Diet
Lets start with what you can eat. Its simple, anything you can catch, grow or pick.
- Lots of Fresh fruits and vegetables includes sweet potatoes
- Nuts and seeds Healthy oils (Olive, walnut, flaxseed, macadamia, avocado, coconut)
What to avoid, not just refined foods but also Inflammatory foods will disrupt your digestion and your energy levels and can damage you internally.
- Cereal grains – Inflammatory and also highly processed
- Legumes (beans & peanuts) -Inflammatory (that’s why you get wind)
- Dairy- Inflammatory
- Refined sugar & flour – any sugar, cakes , sweets
- Pasta, Rice, Pastry
- Potatoes – These can be eaten in a small quantity once you get to your target weight.
- Added Salt
- Refined vegetable oils – these are too abundant in modern diets
Paleo Shopping list: